1. Pre-Move Survey: Our Care and attention is evident when an experienced relocation consultant visits your home to conduct a pre-move survey to assess your requirements and your specific needs. It helps us in determining the appropriate packing materials and equipments to ensure complete safety of your effects. This is followed by a submission of a competitive & confident quotation.
2. Experienced Packing Employees: A trained and well supervised uniformed crew skillfully packs and places all items into cartons and customized packages after proper inventorisation. Special protection is given to items of high value and of delicate nature. Each package is labelled by the room & content to ensure correct placement at your new home.
3. Movement of GoodsMovement of Goods : After the packing is over, our skillful staffs load your valuable belongings in an appropriate vehicle for movement to the desired destination.
4. Experienced Unpacking Employees : trained and supervised employees unpack and place all the items how it was in your old home. All the waste and debris will be carried out by our crew just to make sure that your new home remains clean.
Ideas Packing Tips
- Label each box with your name and job reference number.
- Use sturdy boxes, preferably those provided by your mover.
- When packing breakables, leave a 2-4 inch layer of crumpled paper at the bottom, sides and top of the box.
- When packing a box, place heavier items on the bottom, less heavy and lightest on top.
- Books : Pack books standing on bottom edge in book boxes.
- Clothing : Wardrobe boxes can be used for handling clothing.Other clothing,blankets and linens can be folded and packed in linen boxes. We recommend emptying all dressers and chests as the added weight can make them difficult to move susceptible to damage.
- Pots and Pans : Use china boxes, stack them together with a few pieces of paper in between them. Fill all empty spaces with newspaper.
- Lamps and Lampshades : Remove shades and bulbs. Wrap lamps in layers of paper and place in box on base. Wrap lampshades lightly in paper, nest one inside the other, and pack in separate box.
- Electronic Equipment : Wrap theses items heavily in bubble wrap and place in box (ideally in the original boxes). Place bubble wrap at bottom and sides to prevent movement.
- Paintings, Mirrors and Glass : Use picture boxes and bubble wrap. Valuable pieces may need to be professionally crated by us.
One month before Moving
- Fill out change of address order form for post office.
- Fill out an IRS change address form.
- Make arrangements with moving company or reserve a rental truck.
- Make travel arrangements, if necessary, with airlines, buses, car rental agencies and hotels.
- Transfer memberships in churches, clubs and civic organizations.
- Obtain medical and dental records, x-rays and prescription histories. Ask doctor and dentist for referrals and transfer prescriptions.
- Set up a checking account in your new city.
- Make arrengements for transporting pets.
One to two weeks before moving
Switch utility services to new address. Inform electric, disposal, water, newspaper, magazine subscription, telephone and cable companies of your move.
Arrange for help on moving day.
- Confirm travel reservations.
- Have appliances serviced for moving.
- Clean rugs and clothing and have them wrapped for moving.
- Close bank accounts and have your funds wired to your new bank. Before closing, be sure there are no outstanding checks or automatic payments that haven't been processed.
- Collect valuables from safe-deposit box. Make copies of any important documents before mailing or hand carry them to your new address.
- Check with your insurance agent to ensure you'll be covered through your homeowner's or renter's policy during the move.
- Defrost freezer and refrigerator. Place deodorizer inside to control orders.
- Give a close friend or relative ypur travel route and schedule so you may be reached if needed.
After Arriving at New Home
- Renew your driver's license, auto registration and tags. Shop around for new insurance policies, especially auto coverage.
- Revise your will and other legal papers to avoid longer probate and higher legal fees.
- Lacate the hospitals, police stations, veterinarian and fire stations near your home.